« Home | This morning I think I was the most scared I've ev... » | Highlights from the weekend:Steak n Shake Land of ... » | Complicated » | I began my new job yesterday. I get to work now be... » | "Did I ever tell you that my mom used to eat dande... » | I. hate. my. job. » | Yay!Weekly doses of Alyson Hannigan!!! » | St. Pete’sA trip to the London Zoo. Be careful.Can... » | Hello from Sunny London » | Leaving on a Jet Plane.... » 

7.08.2005 

Boring and the Beast

I was suckered into working another show at the playhouse - and by "suckered" I mean I was asked very nicely and for some reason I didn't say no. This time around I am not in charge of anything. I am merely a dresser - and not the servant who turns into the vanity in the actual play. I dress people back stage. Quick changes and such. Last night was the first night that I had to be at rehearsal - it was "crew view." Basically everyone who works backstage gets to see the whole show.
For those who are unfamiliar, the musical is based on the Disney film of the same name. Dancing flatware and what not. I've seen the movie a bazillion times. (Kelsey and I once were bored and decided to see if we could recite the entire movie by memory - we did pretty well considering we weren't watching the movie at the same time - we were at a park.)
Oh. my. god. I was so bored last night. I still remember most the lines - which really is kind of disturbing since I haven't seen the movie in probably 10 years. The musical is word for word the movie. With extra (boring) songs (except for "If I Can't Love Her" - I really really like that song) and more dialouge which is either A. boring exposition B. not funny jokes or C. both. Maybe if I saw the musical on Broadway or something I would feel differently. But for now - oi. I have to spend the next 4 weeks listening to this play over and over again - about 25 times. Last night I left at intermission. I couldn't take it.

In extremely better news: I'm going to St. Louis for the weekend! Yippee!

About me

  • I'm Michelle
  • From St. Peters, MO
  • I'm a super deluxe babe.
My profile
www.flickr.com
superdeluxebabe's photos More of superdeluxebabe's photos

NETFLIX: Just Shipped

Leaderboard
Create your own friendquiz here
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates