« Home | The Bad Touch » | Hitler or Slither?Take the quiz.p.s. Slither is o... » | So this chick calls me at work yesterday and is li... » | I think I'm turning Japanese.... » | A weekend at the Montrose Watermelon Festival » | These aren't up for any reason other than my mom t... » | Thanks Chadams » | Happy Bday to ME! » | Greg altered one of his presents for me a little b... » | Deadwood Pancakes » 

9.15.2006 

I like crap.

I've never considered myself a movie snob by any means, but I've always thought that I had a pretty good idea of what is good and what is crap. And in the past few years I've embraced so-bad-it's-good cinema (Colleen is no small part responsible for this I think). But I still always thought that my like of craptastic movies was less than my love of great movies. For example, if I had to choose between The Godfather and Crossroads....sorry Britney. But lately....

1. Last night, Greg's friend Brandon was over and he was browsing through Greg's movie selection looking for something to watch. He made a crack about how all of the movies in the living room are Greg's, and all of mine are confined to the bedroom. I decided to go look real quick to see if there was anything he may be interested in and was met with such awesome titles as From Justin to Kelly, 13 Going on 30, Center Stage, and Get Over It (co-starring none other than Sisqo-yes of "The Thong Song" fame). And that's just a few of the craptastic movies I own. That I PAID FOR.

2. One of the websites I frequent, The Movie Blog, recently had a lot of top 10 lists. One, of course, being the bloggers 10 favorite movies. (which sidebar - I totally just spelled that as "favourite" because I guess I totally wish I was Canadian) When I started to think what my favorite movies were....not really any sort of "standard" good movies. Camp is really high up on the list. So are Slither, Big Trouble in Little China, and Labyrinth. I wouldn't argue with anyone if they said these movies were craptastic.

So....Do I like The Godfather? You bet! Would I rather watch Britney travel cross country with her friends, Bitchy Prom Queen and White Trash Girl? Oh my god, I totally would.

About me

  • I'm Michelle
  • From St. Peters, MO
  • I'm a super deluxe babe.
My profile
www.flickr.com
superdeluxebabe's photos More of superdeluxebabe's photos

NETFLIX: Just Shipped

Leaderboard
Create your own friendquiz here
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates