« Home | seriously, hours of fun. hours and hours. » | HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!! » | went to see chelsea's play The Eight last night. ... » | Flu. bleh. » | Oh What A World OK. I'm totally in love with Ruf... » | I hope you get laryngitis. The Osco Soundtrack us... » | HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL (a few days late) Hope eve... » | I thought my fish at work had died, and I almost c... » | so basically, Coley, I will see you NEVER this wee... » | Hi Micki. Tomorrow afternoon I'm learning the sho... » 

1.02.2004 

Woohoo. 2004. Right on.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. highlights from this year's Christmas and New Year's celebration include the following:
spent xmas eve and day with dave, donna, chelsea and gabe -- witnessed the "spam as a present" tradition. forgot that christmas is all about jesus and didn't make it to mass. watched jerry springer xmas day. reserved a suite in hell.
due to being in the sucky ass real world now, had to work the day after christmas (i want to go back to school just so i can have a month off at christmas). however, since the attorneys i work with ain't working the day after christmas, i had nothing to do. i read old buffy recaps on television with pity.
spent christmas weekend back home:
friday - dad's homestead. the whole long clan was there. wonderful gift exchange. the elvis pendulum clock i got for dad doesn't tell time, but his hips still swing so it's all good. i got the most wonderfully random present from dad and julie - a fiber optic bonsai tree. also received: sweaters, socks, air mattress, 3 cans of uncaffeinated pop, james dean calendar, a not-real puppy that walks and yips, and the rocking horse my great grandad made for me when i was three. (2nd favorite present) finally watched pirates of the caribbean....excellent.
saturday - grandma and grandpa's for burgers. opened "the best christmas present ever" (according to my aunt renee) from my grandparents: a stuffed animal armadillo (i've asked for this for 4 years). AWESOME.
saturday night - mom's humble abode. went to church (hoping to save my soul). gift exchange (received: ducky towels, strawberry shortcake doll, sweaters, slinky, bracelets, a big ass candle, "the patriot" on dvd, and an entertainment center which was shipped to me a while back -- my TV screen is finally bigger than my computer screen! also watched the neverending story and cried when artex died.
sunday - trip to davenport to see the fine jeffrey allen timmerman. he was wearing the same shirt as the last time i saw him in may. visited with jeffer and family. ate cheesecake. bought a sweater. back at the montrose homestead watched the princess bride and the breakfast club.
monday - took a day off work (woo!). got my brakes fixed. went to on cue at the keokuk "mall" where they were having a "we're closing because the keokuk 'mall' sucks" sale. Got 11 cds and a dvd for 30 bucks. and some of them were actually good cds like howie day, beastie boys, and the soundtrack for 'from dusk til dawn' featuring the best stripper song ever.
good christmas weekend eh? new years was a blast as well. went to moline to see colleenery. ate at bennigans (my fave) and went to jr's to ring in the new year with drag queens. despite being crazy tired when i first arrived in town i managed to stay awake (and lively!) until 3:30. new years day i didn't get to see the hawkeyes play but i did finally get to watch an episode of firefly. colleen also graded my pop culture compatability test. after calculating my score, she will go to the movies with me only if she gets to pick it. i guess i'm doomed to watch the fighting temptations.
this weekend starts my week-long work schedule at the playhouse. i have tech rehearsal this weekend plus every night next week. then the play runs every weekend in january. pretending like i'm still in school, i waited until the last minute to do the posters for the play so i was up until midnight last night getting them done. if the director doesn't like them i will gut him like a fish. wish me luck!

About me

  • I'm Michelle
  • From St. Peters, MO
  • I'm a super deluxe babe.
My profile
www.flickr.com
superdeluxebabe's photos More of superdeluxebabe's photos

NETFLIX: Just Shipped

Leaderboard
Create your own friendquiz here
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates