« Home | I've been kinda slacking at work lately - lots of ... » | A Trip to the Iowa State Fair » | I have black polka dots on my underwear and YOU CA... » | THREE WEEKS » | It's really really quiet where I work. I could wh... » | My new computer is coming! My new computer is comi... » | Clothes WHORE » | I just read that "Fastlane" won an Emmy back in 20... » | Rednecks are scary. » | I'm not an addict, It's cool » 

8.22.2005 

I've always been a big fan of No Doubt. I didn't really become a big fan until Return of Saturn was released. I mean, I liked Tragic Kingdom but I generally thought "Don't Speak" was overplayed. Anyway, I always felt a little silly for saying they were one of my favorite bands, especially when Rock Steady came out. But I still loved them. I think all of them have a great dynamic with each other. They write some wonderfully simple songs and Gwen has a very pretty voice. And I forgave them for being on Dawson's Creek ( shudder ).

I also always made a point of saying that I liked THE BAND. Not just Gwen, but the entire band. Not saying that I didn't like Gwen. Very cute, very pretty voice, kinda cooky when I saw her in interviews but seemed very sweet. So when I heard she was putting out a solo album I was excited. I thought it would be interesting to see what she did outside of the band, knowing full well it would be a little of a departure from what I normally liked. I bought the CD and I liked it. It's fun and dancy and peppy.

Now, since she has come out as a solo artist she has been doing things that are a little odd. Like using Asian girls as accessories. And I've always liked her "funky" style (more so in the Tragic Kindgom and Return of Saturn phase, but whatever), but her "harijuku" style is a little over the top. But I forgave it. Still love Gwen. Then her outfits started getting more and more odd. It's okay, still love Gwen. And then I read somewhere she never wanted people to stop talking about her or something like that. Ooookkkkaaayyy...maybe she was being funny or something. Still love Gwen. Still sing along with her songs on the radio. Then I heard that she is refusing to go to the VMAs this year even though she is nominated for 6 awards. She is refusing to go because she was not asked to perform live. Okay. That's it. SHUT UP, GWEN. You put out a frickin dance album. Okay? You do not deserve to act like a GD diva. I was thinking so much about how my feelings toward her have changed so drastically when I heard that news on the radio, I missed my exit. I stood up for Hollaback Girl! Not anymore. From now on you will be known as SHUT UP, GWEN.

About me

  • I'm Michelle
  • From St. Peters, MO
  • I'm a super deluxe babe.
My profile
www.flickr.com
superdeluxebabe's photos More of superdeluxebabe's photos

NETFLIX: Just Shipped

Leaderboard
Create your own friendquiz here
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates